Are you in search of a new home or looking to sell your current one? A real estate agent is just the person to help you accomplish this goal! But when it comes to finding the right one, how will you know? Here are six easy ways to tell if the real estate agent you have in mind is indeed good at what they do:
1. They are quick to communicate. Whether it’s answering the phone or emails, they don’t hesitate to make contact about any news or updates. They’re always happy to answer any questions you may have and aren’t afraid to add in their professional input. They standby through every step of the buying/selling process to make sure your needs are met and you’re safe from any potential scams.
2. They utilize modern technology. iPads, smart phones, tablets, etc., are the staple tools of today’s real estate agents when it comes to work and communication. Many of them can be found on apps, as well as social media outlets.
3. They know the ins and outs of each neighborhood in their area. It’s their job to study the area they’re representing, so it should be easy for them to give you available options on any street in the area you happen to ask about. They will not only tell you what’s for sale, they’ll also tell you about the schools in the area, if there’s any crime that occurs frequently, etc.
4. They make sure you understand everything they do. Successful real estate agents meet with their clients and discuss how the process will work, what to expect, possible outcomes, etc. They update them regularly when negotiations are in the works and they make adjustments to any strategies that aren’t working. Although they’re handling the majority of the sale, they want you to be involved and informed every step of the way.
5. They’re not lazy when it comes to finding leads. Whether advertising in the paper or a magazine or billboard, attending community events and networking meetings, creating social media pages, etc., successful real estate agents aren’t afraid to experiment when it comes to the many different ways of getting their name out into the community.
6. They’ve got a great circle of connections for you. Many agents know contractors, appraisers, lenders, and insurance providers that they can suggest to you.